In the digital home security solution, Piper is security equipment which offers powerful home automation and security in a compact, personal size package. Forget the overwhelming and complicated home security systems that require professional installation and wired configurations. The Piper is an all-in-one wireless digital home security system that makes home security and home automation easy, affordable and adaptable to more spaces and configurations than ever.
What is Piper Home Security?
Piper Home Security is a portable wireless digital home security system that could be easier to configure and use than a new smartphone. Directly from the start, this compact DIY security solution allows you to see and hear everything that happens in your home, bedroom, office or daycare, and, best of all, there are no monthly fees to work on your home security budget.
The Piper security system starts with the Piper security camera, and from there you can customize home monitoring and automation. It is manufactured by Icontrol Networks, and the device is equipped with a motion and sound detectors, powerful HD camera, two-way audio, a siren and Z-Wave home automation capabilities.
What are the features of the Piper home security camera?
There are two security versions of Piper, Piper Classic and Piper nv. The Piper nv smart home security system expands into the classic version, adding night vision capabilities, more advanced technical specifications for the Piper camera and video monitoring functions.
- The 180-degree immersive view from the Piper camera provides panoramic views plus tilt and turn capabilities so you can monitor everything that is happening.
- On-demand Video allows you to review the recorded video or see what is happening right now through live streaming from a smartphone or tablet.
- The 105 dB alarm siren drives away potential intruders and lets you know when your security is violated.
- Bidirectional audio allows you to listen and talk with pets and other household members, no matter where you are.
- Motion detection alerts you to movements in your home or office so you can offer help or intervene as necessary.
- The Z-Wave home automation monitor allows you to conveniently control lighting, door and window sensors, and more.
The Piper device is attractive, weighs less than a pound and comes in black or white. Once Piper is installed, you can receive alerts via text, email and push messages on your tablet or smartphone.
What makes Piper so Unique?
Unlike traditional home security options, the Piper digital home security system is ideal for smaller spaces and designed for portability. Whether you are in an apartment, condominium or even a bedroom, Piper’s security is the perfect solution.
Its small size and simplicity of DIY make the Piper camera a good option for on-site security monitoring in any space where you want the comfort of an additional set of eyes and ears. It can be used as a baby monitor, as a security camera in the office or as a personal security device for your room and property if you live with roommates.
Advantages of Piper Digital Home Security System
There are many things to love about Piper’s home security, and here are our favourites.
- Inexpensive: No matter which version you choose, you can start using the Piper security camera for less than $ 300, and there are no monthly fees. Once you have invested in the hardware, you will have finished paying for Piper.
- Simple: we are not kidding when we say that putting the Piper security system into operation is easier than setting up a smartphone for the first time. All you have to do is unpack it, turn it on and download the application to your smart device. From there, you will be ready to configure your personalized security settings and notifications.
- Portable: The Piper camera is small and light, which makes it easy to move from one place to another. Piper makes security monitoring easy to use in non-traditional environments, such as apartments, offices or bedrooms. It is also ideal for use if you live with roommates. Constant video monitoring can help you discover who has been eating everyone’s groceries or help make sure your privacy is respected.
- Ready for home automation: One of the best things about Piper’s security is that you can use the same device for home automation. Current smart home accessories that can be used with your Piper alarm include Z-Wave-enabled door and window sensors, smart switches, smart bulbs, smart dimmers, and flood sensors. This means that you can have the benefits of a smart home in your bedroom or apartment.
- Adaptable: The Piper security system can be used as a traditional security system or modified for more creative purposes. Piper works as a baby monitor, an office alarm or an interactive tool to accompany pets while you are in the office all day. Because it is so small and portable, Piper offers more monitoring and security possibilities than almost any other existing security product.
Disadvantages of Piper Digital Home Security System
Although we believe Piper’s alarm is quite ingenious, some limitations may not work for all home security needs.
- Self-control: Piper’s home security is 100% self-controlled. That means that you are the one who receives a notification if a security breach is detected. Unlike centrally monitored systems where people in a security centre monitor your system for alerts, Piper leaves you virtually alone. You can schedule it to alert emergency contacts besides you, but an automatic notification is not sent to the police.
- Not weatherproof: at this time, the Piper security camera is only suitable for indoor use, which limits the scope of security offered. If you want to see the exterior of your home and the interior, you must invest in another camera or security system that is strong enough to withstand external conditions.
- Glitchy: As with any new technology, making everything work perfectly can take some time. Unfortunately, typical mistakes and whims can be hard to bear when you rely on technology to keep your home safe. Some users have reported problems with the Android application, continuous connectivity and rearming function that limits the time the video is recorded automatically after a security breach.
- Limited Range of Coverage: While the Piper camera is perfect for small spaces, a device cannot do the job for a larger house. If you want to use Piper home security in a large house, you must purchase several units.
Never before has a digital home security system been so personalized. In a world where overcoming is often the goal, Piper’s security has chosen to provide a smaller and more individualized security solution.
Piper home security opens a dynamic option to the world of the digital home security solution which has benefited many people and environments that have been left out of traditional security systems. If you live in an apartment and have been looking for a digital home security system, your search is finally over thanks to the Piper all-in-one digital home security system.
To comment on this article and to know more about the digital home security solution and the digital home security system check: The Home Security Solution Blog